Page Nav

HIDE

Grid

GRID_STYLE

Pages

Changes are scary! 🤯 A short Story

I shifted to Gurgaon today after staying at home for 3 years. I have been thinking a lot and delaying it as much as I can, because I wanted ...


I shifted to Gurgaon today after staying at home for 3 years. I have been thinking a lot and delaying it as much as I can, because I wanted to stay in my comfort zone - Home. ☹️


Covid hit the nation in the year 2019. I was staying in Kolkata then and my parents called me home.

I was preparing for my CA finals and was also trying to keep myself focused and not devoid of the fact that how can studies be important when people are dying?

But my parents have been there all along supporting me as much as they can. For ex - by not watching the news in front of me coz’ it will impact my mindset. 🎯

They have seen it all. My CA final results, times I flunked and finally when I passed. My first job. My first salary, me moving out again. 🫶

And these 3 years, staying with them have made me responsible in ways I never thought I’d ever be. I want to be their biggest support. I want them to feel - “Harshita hai, sambhal legi sab.” 💪

And I think, its a part of being human to feel emotions with 10x speed when you are about to leave the place, the person, the surroundings you grew up in, your friends, your parents. 🥺🥺

Mummy ka ek roti jyada dena, dadi ka - “Raat ke 10 baj rahe hain, ghar kyun nahi aayi abhi tak?”, papa ka khud se ice creams laa dena knowing how much I love it. ♥️

These last fews days have passed in a blink, hunting for a good place, contacting 50 people everyday, talking to relatives/friends who stay there, talking to my office colleagues to get metro locations, asking which place will be more suitable. And everyone has helped in every way they possibly could. May be one of the reasons why moving in became a little easier. ✨✨

Now with a good place to stay in and getting some free time to write this, I have realized -

“DARR SABKO LAGTA HAI, GALA SABKA SUKHTA HAI, KYA HOGA AAGE SAB SOCHTE HAIN, AANKH SE AANSU SABKI NIKALTI HAI, LEKIN KHADE TOH WAPIS TUM BHI HOTE HO AUR MAI BHI! 🤌

“KYUNKI KAHIN PE PAUNCHNE KE LIYE KAHIN SE NIKALNA BAHUT ZARURI HOTA HAI!”

Here’s to celebrating new beginnings. 🥂

No comments